Returning users from campaign
I'm having problems to get stats about returning visitors from campaign.
Example: I have placed the following link with http://mysite.com/page?utm_medium=camp1 on some website. I want to know how many users that clicked on that link came back again on their own (direct source).
For example, when user clicked that link came back again after 1 hour by directly typing the domain in the browser address or from bookmark.
What I'm doing is the following:
1. Create a custom segment with the following 'conditions': medium | exactly matches | camp1
2. From the left menu: Acquisition -> Overview -> Direct and then applying the custom segment from the above.
My questions are:
1. Is this the correct way to track those returning visitors?
2. Those returning visitors are users who came back to my site again by clicking the link or it's the other way around?
3. The 'New Users' column says 'The number of first-time users during the selected date range.' Does 'first-time' means 'first time clicking the link, but previously they might have been visiting my site directly' or 'first time they came to my site by clicking the link and they haven't been visiting my site previously'
Re: Returning users from campaign