Analytics
2.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Returning User Entrances

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

My website is part blog and part business oriented. I recently invested in a Facebook Ad which includes a link to a blog post. When I look at the landing pages on Google Analytics, beside my blog post, it says that 10% are returning users. For the 10% of returning users, does Google Analytics only count the visitors that returned through the blog post? In other words, all 10% returned through the blog to my website. Or, does a visitor count as a returning user that falls under the 10% even if the second time they enter the site through another webpage? In other words, if the first time they entered the site was through the blog and the second time it was through another webpage, they still fall under the 10%.

Thank you, 

Sherin N

Returning User Entrances

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If you have the same Google Analytics script throughout the blog and business part of the website, then visitors whom previously viewed any page would be counted as Returning if came back.  

Hope that helps.