Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Retrieve Social Landing Pages with Reporting API V4

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the Google Analytics Reporting API V4, the Social Activities Dimensions are deprecated. Unfortunately Shared URL (ga:socialActivityContentUrl) is one of these.

How can I retrieve Acquisition > Social > Landing Pages report data through this API?

Re: Retrieve Social Landing Pages with Reporting API V4

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is your intent to understand which URLs are being shared from your site? ie you have a social share button on your site and want to see which URL is shared from your website onto an external social network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dawson R wrote:
Is your intent to understand which URLs are being shared from your site? ie you have a social share button on your site and want to see which URL is shared from your website onto an external social network?

Actually I'm just trying to replicate the UI report.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill S
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I figured it out with some help from the Query Explorer.

Query on dimension ga:landingPagePath (and optionally ga:hostname, if relevant) and filter to include where ga:hasSocialSourceReferral equals "Yes".

To exactly match, add an AND filter with the NOT flag set to exclude where ga:landingPagePath equals "(not set)".

NOTE: API results may be sampled (check samplesReadCounts). You may need to issue multiple queries for smaller date ranges and aggregate.