Analytics
5.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Reports vs. own domain users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you access the google analytics basic built-in reports - i.e. behaviour / landing pages and visits to your website - do these results auto exclude you as the owner of the website?  If so - what if you use different pcs with different google logins...?  Is there a way to specifically exclude certain user IP addresses?  Naturally we do not want to see results for our own employees - so I want to work out the best way to exclude these visits, etc.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reports vs. own domain users

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Interface, how are things?

The answer is: No, analytics does not exclude automatically your visits.

You'll have to create a custom filter to your GA View in order for that to happen. Here you can learn how to set everything up:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034823?hl=en

Few things to keep in mind:

- It's recommended that you keep at leats one view inside your Property without any filters once so ever, so in this case, you will have 2 views: 1 without filters and 1 with IP Filters
- Remember that depending on your internet provider, most IP address change regularly, so you'll need to keep the filter up to date every time
- Filters can take up to 24h to apply, so keep that in mind when setting the filter and navigating on your website

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandro - i looked at that, but can't find the "+" to actually create a new filter or to even amend an existing filter. Could the only account we have be limited to change this or to add additional filters...

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
When you hit Admin, make you select "Filters" for your VIEW, which is the 3rd column and last column of the page.

If you're not seeing, is there anyone else with access to that account? If that's the case, maybe you have the privileges to add filters.

If could post a screenshot would also help.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click