Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Reports show no sessions at 4pm and 8pm-12am

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yesterday I noticed that there were no visitors at all at 4 pm and between 8pm-12am, which is pretty weird. It never happens. Then, a few hours later there suddenly were visitors at these times.

Obviously first I thought it was my own fault by having some setting ticked, but today I'm having the exact same thing. I don't know if it will correct itself again this time.

My visitors dropped over the last week, so I want to know if I have a glitch in GA before searching other causes.

15feb.png

Yesterday it looked like the image above as well at first but later changed to this:

14feb.png

Anyone familiair with this issue?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Data processing latency of 24-48hrs is regarded as normal.
Often you will get data on the day but its not gaurenteed.
Some types of data such as ecommerce transactions can take up to 72hrs to be processed and showing in GA reports.
The amount of hits you send to google can also affect report freshness.

Other things that can affect reporting -

Data Limits
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en

and also Collection Limits and Quotas

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/limits-quotas

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!

Recently I've set up event tracking for my affiliate links, but that is about the only criteria I match.. I get about 300 visitors a day so I never even reach the numbers to get GA 'overloaded'.

Saying that.. I have never had any delays in GA before, so there must be a reason for it.

edit... My events are only firing when an affiliate link is clicked, so unless someone clicked 10k times on a link I doubt this could be an issue, right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am experiencing a similar issue -- for the last two days, the last three hours of my stats have seemingly been chopped off. They are recorded as zero, even though I normally have 300+ sessions per hour at that time, and real time stats showed I was getting normal traffic. You are having some kind of issue here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I should mention that the stats now seem to have been corrected on your web site, but the Google Analytics Dashboard plug-in for WordPress is still reporting truncated stats for yesterday (the stats for the previous day have now been corrected though). I should also mention that I didn't make any changes to my Google Analytics setup at the time this issue started.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website? I hope you mean your websiteSmiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually, I mean Google's web site Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

eta.. if you are using a 3rd party plugin for wordpress and analytics, and there seems to be an issue, then you need to take that up with the plugin creator. if it was obtained from wordpress.org then sometimes it is best to check the plugin's support page to see if its a known issue.

As per the help docs though and my own experiences with using analytics over a number of years.. 
Delays of up to 48hrs are not considered unusual. 
Sometimes you may get a delay of 4hrs. sometimes 24hrs.. other times it may be 48hrs.
Unless data is still missing after 48hrs, I don't tend to worry about it.

Data processing latency

Processing latency is 24-48 hours. Standard accounts that send more than 200,000 sessions per day to Analytics will result in the reports being refreshed only once a day. This can delay updates to reports and metrics for up to two days. To restore intra-day processing, reduce the number of sessions your account sends to < 200,000 per day. For Analytics 360 accounts, this limit is extended to 2 billion hits per month.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1070983?hl=en#DataProcessingLatency

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The thing is, I have been using Analytics for years and have never seen this behaviour before. Also, my sessions are below 200,000 per day by an order of magnitude (usually under 10,000).

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Lee M have you had a look at the wordpress website for the plugins support page.. i just found this

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/gadwp-is-not-showing-correct-report-for-yesterday/