Analytics
5.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Reports on custom data not showing any data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Just starting to work with custom data, dimensions and reports, and I'm not seeing any data. Here are some more details:

I pretty much did everything as described on this page

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/4524584?ref_topic=6015090

I defined 2 custom dimensions, call them crm_id, seg_id, both under user scope!
crm_id was defined as given by hit data, and seg_id was defined as hit overwrite.

I then defined a data set with crm_id as the key and seg_id as the other dimension.

We then went on the mock site we set up for testing and we saw crm_id's being generated and we saw them in reports. So far so good!

We then *successfully* uploaded CSV files connecting crm_id's to seg_id's, both manually, and using the API.
We then waited (more than) 24 hours and entered the site with the same crm_id (we can see the entries with the same crm_id in the reports).

However, we can't seem to find ANY data on seg_id. We thought we'd see the seg_id connected to that special crm_id we used to re-enter the site, but we're not seeing any of it using the "flat table" mode in a custom report.

Can anyone think of what we're missing?

Thanks,

Jonny

Re: Reports on custom data not showing any data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What metrics are you trying to show for these CD?

Re: Reports on custom data not showing any data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adil,

I was trying to see sessions as the metric. It showed crm_id action according to what we did, but when we add seg_id to the dimensions, we see no data at all. Not even empty data for seg_id... We just get a blank report.

Thanks