Analytics
5.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Reporting on sequences of events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm trying to set up something a little complex but I'm not really sure where to start.

I'm trying to track average completion time for various tasks in my webapp. For eg. we're dealing with managing product data so I want to know how long it takes on average to complete the task: "Change a products name"

The task would start with the user clicking a link to access the product details (an event that is already tracked) and would end when the user clicks the save button in the product details (also tracked), as long as they also modified the product name in between these 2 events.

I'm a bit stumped on how to proceed with this, can anyone offer and general advice or pointers to documentation to get me started?

Thanks for the help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reporting on sequences of events

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Josh,

General advice: Create a custom metric for taskStart and taskEnd or something similar and set them with each event. You can then do some math or better create a calculated metric like this:

ssCalcMetric-tasktime.png

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Reporting on sequences of events

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theo, I'll keep that in mind!