Analytics
6.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Reporting Landing Page Visits Including their Source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apologies in advance if this is painfully simple and if this isn't the correct place to post this location.

I'm having difficulty figuring out how to extract the exact data I need for a report.

Basically, I want to be able view and export the following information to Excel:

• Landing Page - Page new user lands on
  • Source - How they got to that page, e.g. PPC, organic search, social, etc.

I want to display the data as follows:

• www.homepage.com: 700 new user visits
    • Paid search - 200
    • Organic search - 100
    • Direct - 100
    • Referral - 100
    • Other - 200

...etc.

I hope that makes sense. Is there a way that I can easily extract the information I need and export it to excel? We have loads of URLs that people land on and I don't want to have to click onto each and manually copy out the data if I can help it. 

If someone could point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reporting Landing Page Visits Including their Source

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
On the GA interface, up on the left, click on Customisation and then New Custom Report. You'll be taken to the custom report constructor.

As to Type, choose Flat Table.

Dimension - Landing Page and Source/Medium
Metric - New Users

Click on Save and you should be good to go.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rodrigues,

Thank you very much for your reply. That's very helpful. I guess I need to take the data and filter it in Excel to get it to appear as I desire.

Thanks again,
Rob

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
You can view the data in GA itself it that works for you. You can use the table filter to filter for the homepage, for instance. Else, you can indeed export it to Excel and create a pivot table, for example.