Report with multiple Event Categories
I would really appreciate if somebody could give me a hand with this.
I have multiple set of categories each with its own set of events. What I would like to build is a report (or a widget in the dashboard) that nest events from two categories in the following way:
- Given the following two categories:
- Category Alfa and its event actions: A, B, C, D, E and F
- Category Beta and its event actions: A1, B1,C1 and D1
- If I know that the sum of events A, B and F for Category Alfa is 300
- And knowing that these 300 events, 80 leads to trigger event B1 for Category Beta
- I would like to get a view in the dashboard that tells me at a glance the % of (80/300) = 26%
I hope I managed to be clear enough in what I am trying to achieve.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Re: Report with multiple Event Categories
I think I hear what you're going for and something like this really isn't viable within the UI for GA. I'd recommend using the excellent Google Sheets plugin (https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on?hl=en) to pull the data from GA into a sheet, then create a summary sheet with the calculations you're referencing here. Even the new Calculated Metrics (https://www.analyticspros.com/blog/google-analytics/25-calculated-metrics-for-google-analytics/) in GA won't get you quite to what you're looking because they can't calculate across different dimensional values. Again, that's what external integrations are for
Hope this helps!