Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Report to differentiate visitor/behavior data within two separate domains within a single property

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to help a client with reporting on traffic to 'domain.br'. The issue is that in error the GA property implemented on 'domain.br' was for 'domain.au'.

The 'domain.au' property has now been removed and the the correct property implemented to 'domain.br'. However the issue now is that any data associated to the visitors/behavior etc on 'domain.br' are now logged against the property of 'domain.au'.

Is there a way in which I can pull a report that differentiates/splits the 'domain.br' data out from the 'domain.au' property?

Any help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben N
May 2016

Re: Report to differentiate visitor/behavior data within two separate domains within a single proper

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Ben,

If the issue is that you have added the same GATC to two different domains, and you now want to report on the data for those domains individually...you can try adding the secondary dimension Hostname to your report which will segment the data by your 'domain.br' and 'domain.au' this will split out the data according to the different domain names.

Hope this helps,
Grant

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben N
May 2016

Re: Report to differentiate visitor/behavior data within two separate domains within a single proper

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Ben,

If the issue is that you have added the same GATC to two different domains, and you now want to report on the data for those domains individually...you can try adding the secondary dimension Hostname to your report which will segment the data by your 'domain.br' and 'domain.au' this will split out the data according to the different domain names.

Hope this helps,
Grant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is great. Apologies for the late response I'd expected a notification.
Thanks again, much appreciated