Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Related Product API Deprecated

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi to everybody,

today I checked my js dedicated to the "Related Products" and I saw that it returned me errors. Going to the Google Analytics' APIs I saw that from the last changelog (06.02.2017) such APIs are deprecated. Does someone know if they will be replaced or integrated or definitely eliminated?

Thanks

Enrico

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

id also love to know the answer to this 

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Enrico,

They were not used much (they would have been if they ever made it to the UI) so they were eliminated and will not be coming back.  I don't think it would take too much to do the analysis outside of GA; alas, it is one more thing you need to do unfortunately.  

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They were not used much? Really this is the explication to remove a extreme useful relatories? i have a vision differet to this. In my vision e see with the correct use this feaatures with the Google Analytics API create a possibility concorrêncie com the most best lucratives products off Google how example Google Adwords Dinamic Remarketing ( i create a tools www.tadtarget.com ) my tool usign related products to generate experiêncies in realtime to my clients, on remove this feature my tool not working more.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Tadeu,

Yes ... unfortunately they were not.  I used them for all Ecom clients. Had they ever been surfaced to the UI, I think they would have been used more.  That said, all the data on product level is still available; you just need to now build your own correlation models etc.

Not as easy  Smiley Sad  Sorry that it killed your product.  Not my doing Smiley Happy

-Theo 

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo,

my product not killed because we working to build your own correlation models, but really not easy.

- Tadeu

www.tadtarget.com