Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Reg : GA implementation query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends,

This is Satish Kumar G. I am newly joined in web analytics team.

I am having few queries in google analytics implementation.

I created one google analytics account and given one dummy website name : https://www.google.com

After generating GA script code. I did not pasted anywhere in the web site/Portal. In my dashboard, user session count is increasing daily  basis.

Earlier I configure diff website , same issue I am facing in my dashboard.

Did you faced this issue earlier and Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Satish Kumar G

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reg : GA implementation query

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Satish if you have not yet implemented the code on your website and you see data starting to accumilate then what you are seeing is spam. Any misguided developer can create code and using the GA's Measurement Protocol they send data directly to Googles Servers they often just guess or use random numbers to spoof an actual account. There are several methods to strip out the spam so that it does not skew your reporting if your site gets a little or medium number of hits per day you will be able to see this spam in a big way if you get a large number of hits each day this spam is harder to see and has less of an impact on the overall data. Search around this community for spam and they will usually have a link to different ways to strip this data out, but you will also find that it is a constant battle as soon as you block one spammer two more pop up.