Analytics
4.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Referral traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been analysing my referral traffic in analytics and have compared this period to the previous period, I have noticed that there has been no referrals from google of any kind during the latest period, there was a constant flow prior to this. Can anyone give me some pointers as to why this might be?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Referral traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Did you check in an unfiltered view?

Please let me know.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
My apologies, I am not the most technically minded, if you mean did I examine the traffic for this period only with no comparison then yes and there is no google referral showing whatsoever.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

I meant that you may have a filter set up for your view that may block referrals from google.
If you go to Admin -> View -> Filters do you have any filters listed there?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
No, we have no filters

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can also check if google.com is not on the Referral Exclusion List in Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Thank you, have just checked there too, and it's not excluded. This has only happened recently, until last month there are referrals

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Alex

Google shouldn't really be referring any traffic. Google traffic is generally classified as organic, not referral . If anything, what you're experiencing is exactly what you want. 

Unless I'm not understanding correctly. Can you show a screenshot of the report you're looking at? Blur out any sensitive or irrelevant information if needed.