Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Referral traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been analysing my referral traffic in analytics and have compared this period to the previous period, I have noticed that there has been no referrals from google of any kind during the latest period, there was a constant flow prior to this. Can anyone give me some pointers as to why this might be?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Referral traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Did you check in an unfiltered view?

Please let me know.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
My apologies, I am not the most technically minded, if you mean did I examine the traffic for this period only with no comparison then yes and there is no google referral showing whatsoever.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi,

I meant that you may have a filter set up for your view that may block referrals from google.
If you go to Admin -> View -> Filters do you have any filters listed there?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
No, we have no filters

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can also check if google.com is not on the Referral Exclusion List in Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi
Thank you, have just checked there too, and it's not excluded. This has only happened recently, until last month there are referrals

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Alex

Google shouldn't really be referring any traffic. Google traffic is generally classified as organic, not referral . If anything, what you're experiencing is exactly what you want. 

Unless I'm not understanding correctly. Can you show a screenshot of the report you're looking at? Blur out any sensitive or irrelevant information if needed.