Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Record of daily visits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. Is it possible to create a report showing always the day when the website received more visits since is published? The record of daily visits ever. Thanks and regards..

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Record of daily visits

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

very simple question and one might think that this simple feature would be available but I have to go with answer no.
Since all reports have a certain time period that you can change there is no filter/segment/function that would look the whole data and give you your best day regarding visits.

Of course this is possible via API and if you use some ready made extensions/tools and import your data to spreadsheet this task would be very easy.
But in the GA reports... no. Sorry.
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Antti. Do you know if it is possible to have this with google analytics script in Google Drive spreadsheet? What is the "made extensions/tool" that you said? Is there a guide to do this?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Maria Silvana,

I am not sure that it will 100% fit your needs, but I assume that you know when you have created your GA account or you can see when you did it in GA.

I've created a custom report where I can see which day brought biggest amount of sessions:

I can see that biggest amount of traffic I got on 06 of November 2015. Maybe it's not 100% cozy as you need to update your time range each time when you check it but it should solve your problem. 

Cheers, 
Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Alexey, had a hunch but I could not remember this one. I think this is the best out of GA. Kudos Smiley Happy

Maria, this takes some time to learn but should accomplish exactly what you're after
https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on?hl=en
--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much, Alexey and Antt. I will study a little..