Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Realtime Visitors are showing and Audience are also showing but not relevant to Real Time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My site shows real time visitors and Audience both but real time visitors are very high and when I heck next day about overall audience that shows very low with compare to real time visitors of that day.

What can be the issue, am not getting it.

If any one can help, would be really great.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Realtime Visitors are showing and Audience are also showing but not relevant to Real Time

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ronak,
Have you set up any filter? Filter doesn't work in real time reporting so I think that could be the reason.

Thanks

Re: Realtime Visitors are showing and Audience are also showing but not relevant to Real Time

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Santosh,

I have not set any filter then too facing this issues.

Thanks for the reply..

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hey Ronak, filters would affect both real time as well as the regular reports. Ideally your realtime reports should exactly match your audience reports. Is there any specific pattern you see where you feel they aren't matching?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arjun,

Yeah I felt this because daily I have a traffic of 1400 real time visitors on Average which counts to 1,60,000 to 1,70,000 Visitors in a day. During an event day I was having 2500 Real Time Visitors for an hour and almost 1800 visitors across the day.

I checked next day the total traffic of the event day and it shows 1,70,000 which is same like the regular days.

Thus I really doubt on it but not getting how to confirm the same.

Thanks for the reply !!

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Hey Ronak,

There's not much you can do here, but check your webmaster reports or weblogs and compare it to this. You can look at the hourly secondary dimension of data, but adding the numbers from each hour won't give you the actual total because the same sessions could be spanning across hours, depending on the kind of session length you have and what you expected people to do on your site.

Cheers,
Arjun