Analytics
6.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Real time not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I added a Google Tag manager tag (gtm.js) to my website (2dejongs.com) about five days ago, in the <body> section. I am not getting any Real Time data. I am getting data in other sections like Audience and Acquisition and Behavior.  

I tested the tags using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension, and they seem to work fine.

I haven't set up any filters, I'm just using the All Web Site Data view that was automatically created for me.

I had a friend hit the website so that it didn't come from the same IP address, but still no real time data.

Just today I added a Google Analytics tag (analytics.js) in the <head> section of a sub-page (Mystic Scapes) but I don't see any real time data from that either.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susan d
November 2015

Re: Real time not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Susan d,

Real-Time isn't always reliable. If you are seeing the hits come through with GA Debugger, and tracking in the correct property, and if you see your data in the standard reports, then I think you should be fine. Check that you are not filtering out your own visit with a filter.

You can do a check, and send in a unique hit, like an event, for example, and check again tomorrow to see if it appears.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

GA data looks to be going to : UA-70384258-1

As far as there are no fillers on the view, data should appear in real time too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I see data with the GA Debugger. I see what appears to be somewhat correct data in the non-Real-Time reports. I haven't added any filters. I can't see Real-Time even when I ask my friend to log in from a different IP address.
So I guess that for me Real-Time is never reliable.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I am also facing the same issue, mostly happening in the morning time. Due to this, we are facing lot a lot of issue in conversion mismatching and all the automatic rules are reducing the bids for high CPA. Is GA is looking into it?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.