Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Real time not working.Today traffic not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I look at yesterday or before, Google Analytics seems to be working fine....If I look at it for today, or for hourly, it shows either nothing or a handful of visitors---which will change when it gets to report the following day, as the day before.

Is there a coding mistake that could do this, or is Google Analytics just poor for present day reports....this is a brand new site, so big traffic is 50 visitors in an hour or two.

And then there is the "seems" to be working for past days issue.....How do you really know if Google Analytics is working...not screwing up true web page visitor data?

Re: Real time not working.Today traffic not showing

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dan,
There must be some tracking issue. The best and quickest way to check whether tracking code is working or not by checking real time data in GA.

Just open few pages of your websites and check real time data and if you are not seeing any data it means tracking is not working.

**Use tag assitant to find the issue***

Hope this helps.

Thanks