Analytics
6.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Real time events slow to show Mobile Browser? Or do I have a bug?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking at my Real Time Events from mobile devices, I am seeing events come in, but when testing the site using my own phone, I don't see *my* events appear. Is there a long delay? Are there tools for better troubleshooting this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Check and see if you have any filters or segments applied that might prevent your phone from showing. Individuals often set up filters in the admin views section and then forget about them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Indeed that's the kind of thing I'd do, but sadly not this time. :/

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If no filters or segments are in use you should see yourself in real time, instead of looking in events look in the real time overview, or locations and see if you are being seen at all.

Re: Real time events slow to show Mobile Browser? Or do I have a bug?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hrm. I don’t show up there either — neither the pages I’ve viewed nor my location. Are there any known issues with delays coming from mobile? Sounds like I might just have a bug in my implementation.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Are you accessing a test page that perhaps does not have the code loaded to it or are you accessing a page that evryone else is accessing. I have never seen a bug that would preclude a single person from being reported while others are unless the code is missing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I’m accessing a public page. My coworker has tested and I’ve seen some but not all of her events in the real time feed.
The page has both Tag Manager + our code loaded through Tag Manager. Though, when I have tested using the Google Tag Assistant in Chrome, I’m seeing all events I’m expecting.

Are there maybe bugs with Tag Manager on mobile?

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Not that I am aware of, if you hit the page from your desktop does it show you on the real time event

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes it does. I’m on the same Wifi, in the same location…
But yet the iPhone data doesn’t show up and the Mac does.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Well this is wierd one more question that I can think of does your site redirect to a mobile friendly page and if so does it redirect to different pages depending on mobile device operating system. It definitely seems like an issue with something in the mobile pipe line can you share the URL and I can try it from my iphone and you can see if I show up.