AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Real Time reporting not registering form submissions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I manage the Google Analytics accounts of my clients and I'm having issues with real time reporting and setting goals. 

I don't have access to the site's source code so I have to set goals without manipulating this code. Since this is the case, I use the real-time reports to see how events I'm looking to track register on Google Analytics. This allows me to set goals that track actions that I want to track. 

Unfortunately, for some of my clients, I am unable to see form submissions in real-time events reporting and so, I'm unable to see how the actions are "seen" by Google Analytics (which doesn't allow me to set the google Analytics goals). 

Are there any solutions offered by Google to see real time events? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Real Time reporting not registering form submissions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Do the clients forms forward someone to a thankyou page after a form is submitted?
Is the form and thank you page on the same site?
If so then the thank you page would be setup as a destination url goal.

no manipulation of code required.

Somethings to bare in mind..

- if your visits are being filtered out of reports then you wont see your site actions in the real time reports. If this is the case, I suggest setting up a Testing View that doesnt filter our your IP.
- each completed goal will only be tracked once each as a goal conversion during the same session. Therefor it is important to clear your browser cookies and cache each time you test a goal before retesting it. otherwise it will appear not to work the 2nd time.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here