Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Real Time logic and behavior

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I was a new comer to google analytics and thus would hope to try on how customer web interaction affect the figure in the report:

used Demo GA account: 

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/?utm_source=demoaccount&utm_medium=demoaccount&utm_campai...

Here is my trial steps:

Go to search engine 'Bing' ->search the keywords "google merchandise store hk' -> click into the website

Expected result:

On the demo GA account, under real time report (traffic source), it should reflect my web footprints (e.g. in this case, Bing)

Actual result:

It does not. So did I test step is wrong in this trial? Thanks for your advisory.

Screen Capture - Real Time GA.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Real Time logic and behavior

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Nigel do you have any filters setup that would prevent traffic from your network from being displayed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Brian, the filters on this report is in default. And should no restriction on my current company network.

Account Filter.PNGView Filter.PNG 

Also I did the same trial using my cell phone (to ensure I was using data outside company wifi/network). 

Just wonder if your side is fine (i.e. real time traffic is reflected according to your web footprint) when using this demo account? Thanks Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

What does you "Include Hostname" filter include and is it applied to your demo view. When I have flacky issues as a general rule I remove any filters I have applied to the test view I am trying to debug so I am only looking at raw unfiltered data and see if that straightens things out.

Experts in the Topic
Brian B