Analytics
3.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Real Time Alerts

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I utilize custom alerts, but I am looking for something that alerts me in real time. For example, if a error page spikes in traffic I want to be sent an alert immediately. Does anyone know of a GA add-on or program that allows this?

Thank you,

Ronnie 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Real Time Alerts

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Ronnie,

As you know but for the benefit of future viewers of this post, GA alerts are only processed once per day.

I'm not aware of one but you could build your own using the real time api and the core reporting api and your own data models. (ugh)

There are website monitoring services that do this already. If you Google it; you'll even see some free ones. That said, I don't want to endorse one as I've spent many hours filtering these services out of reports Smiley Happy so here is what PCMAG says:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2492697,00.asp

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Real Time Alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

check out Metric.live. This will let you config real-time alerts for Google Analytics and notify you when they are triggered.

Cheers

Nico

Real Time Alerts

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Nicolas L ... Sounds like you actioned my API recommendations which would probably work for most .. not sure of the value but cool concept.  That said a small number of high volume sites not on 360 could face challenges when intraday processing stops due to volume. 

Good luck with your venture!

-Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Real Time Alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Theo Bennett thx for the feedback. 

I'm aware of processing issues for non 360 high volume sites. I'm working together with some partners to test this and there's ways to work around this.

I just launched the beta, and right now I feel I've covered the basics. There's still a lot of cool stuff to come during the beta ... so keep an eye out Smiley Wink