Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Real Time Active Users User Type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What happened to the ability to display the  'User Type' column in a real time widget report?

Widget = Real Time Table

Active Users - Show Columns Traffic Source Type/ User Type

The User Type option is no longer there.

When was it removed and did Google ever give a reason for taking it away?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Are you trying to show New Users and Returning Users or Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop as your User Type? or something totally different?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to show New or Returning Users as User Type.  It used to be there, now it is gone.  Just trying to figure out when and why it was removed. Can't find anything official from Google on the subject.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I went back and looked at some of my dashboards that I created and none of the real time ones did I add a widget for User Type, so if it ever existed in the real time section I never choose it as an option. I do have it in my standard widgets and it is still their for standard. I also looked in the real time reports and do not see that GA is even using User Type in any of them so if it was available at one time it no longer is and as to why only GA knows why ity was removed if once available.