Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Random links under "exit " pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me what these random links are, found under my GA  "Exit pages"? There are about 10 of them before my actual website pages. 

Is my site hacked with random pop ups? Please help! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Random links under "exit " pages

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Nikki these could be Ghost Refferals or spam. GA uses a protocol called Measurement Protocol to send data to its servers, cleaver developers have found ways to use this for what ever reason and they send data to GA. I have no idea what they get out doing this but they can use random numbers and sometimes they hit upon actual account ID's and they cause weird data to show up. Their must be 50 plus threads on this forum that deal with this subject and there are several suggested remidies to filter this data out. A word of caution create a seperate view and add any filters to it always keep your main view as raw data if you apply a filter via the admin --> view section it will filter data that gets stored in GA servers and you can not get that data back. And keep in mind that filtering can filter out additional data than what you expected so a new view is always best to test out filtering.