Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

ROAS only for adwords is completely false

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I try to understand why the ROAS figure is completely false in my Google Analytics dashboard.

I have a widget with ROAS as the statistic and filtered by support / source which has to be "google / cpc" to take only the adwords transactions and spent.

The problem is that my adwords spent is 125€, my revenue is 30€ and the ROAS is : 629%

I have othe goals, like shopping cart goals. It seems that they are integrated in the calculation of the ROAS. I want only the transactions integrated in these ones and I thought it worked like that?

Is there a solution to have the right ROAS ?

Thanks for your reply,

Bastien

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Bastien, 

A few things: 

#1 Keep in mind that AdWords conversions can be counted as unique or multiple depending on how you set it up. 

#2 Make sure you ONLY select the final sale goal when looking at this report. 

#3 Is your ecommerce tracking properly setup with the right labels for value per conversion? 

#4 Have you tried creating a 'segment' to filter out all other goals except the goal you want? https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en 

Let me know if this helps (specifically create a segment)! 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I found some other tracking problems in my client's analytics account (for example, the google.fr / referral has a conversion rate of 97%).

I am going to call the analytics support to clean everything and I will come back here after with new elements (and a clean tracking). I will come back even if I solved the problem, jus to let you know

Thanks for your time.

Bastien