Analytics
3.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Question about Performance Statistics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For my site, Safari sessions for the month of April were 140, and the avg. page load time is 8.5 sec.  However, there is another section of the report, titled Mobile Page Load time, and this is showing 0 seconds for the month.  Any insight?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mutual Boiler R
May 2016

Re: Question about Performance Statistics

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sometimes it is hard to match two different metrics since they can represent different segments. If you click on Safari on Site Speed > Overview it will take you to Page Timing. I like to change the table display from Comparison(default) to Data, just to the right of the Advanced filter button above the table.

Safari is also the browser for Macbook and iMac, so see if you can add a secondary dimension for User > Operating System or Mobile (including tablet). There is a chance that the mobile responsive version of your website loads faster than the desktop theme.

You could also see if the secondary dimension for Users> Service Providers has a significate impact on load time.
You can also run a speed test using Google's free tool: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ This will also provide you with suggestions on ways to increase your page speeds.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mutual Boiler R
May 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sometimes it is hard to match two different metrics since they can represent different segments. If you click on Safari on Site Speed > Overview it will take you to Page Timing. I like to change the table display from Comparison(default) to Data, just to the right of the Advanced filter button above the table.

Safari is also the browser for Macbook and iMac, so see if you can add a secondary dimension for User > Operating System or Mobile (including tablet). There is a chance that the mobile responsive version of your website loads faster than the desktop theme.

You could also see if the secondary dimension for Users> Service Providers has a significate impact on load time.
You can also run a speed test using Google's free tool: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ This will also provide you with suggestions on ways to increase your page speeds.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This was helpful. But I have another question as a result, so if I choose Service Provider as the secondary dimension, there are numerous providers with page views but the Avg. Page Load Time is 0? What exactly does this mean? Does this mean the load time was less than 1 second?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, network load times are often measured in milliseconds and analytics often rounds them to seconds. So if it takes 200ms or 0.2 seconds to load the content, it can be displayed as 0 seconds.