Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Question about ISP in GA = amazon data services ireland limited

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Does anybody have an explanation for a small number of sessions and the majority of transactions/revenue being attributed to:

• Landing page = (not set)
  • Channel = direct traffic
  • Service Provider = amazon data services ireland limited
  • Browser = Gabba 1.0.1 Agent

Please see:

http://online-metrics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/SP-Amazon-Data-Services-Ireland-Limited.png

Thank you,

Paul

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul K
March 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The reason I ask is that  Gabba is a code package to send server-side events to Google Analytics, and traffic coming from Amazon Data Services isn't people traffic.  It is server traffic - like automated tools, bots, etc.  These aren't real people with real browsers.  That's why I asked about your hostname - with such a limited snapshot, its difficult to tell what is going on.  What is the source/medium of your transactions -- are they being credited properly?

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

How are you processing your payments at checkout?  Can you set the secondary dimension to Hostname?  Looks like you may have a cross-domain tracking problem with your shopping cart.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your comment Phillip. The hostname looks fine and all traffic is from one city (Dublin) which is not a big overall traffic driver for this site.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul K
March 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

The reason I ask is that  Gabba is a code package to send server-side events to Google Analytics, and traffic coming from Amazon Data Services isn't people traffic.  It is server traffic - like automated tools, bots, etc.  These aren't real people with real browsers.  That's why I asked about your hostname - with such a limited snapshot, its difficult to tell what is going on.  What is the source/medium of your transactions -- are they being credited properly?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Good points @Phillip B. 99.73% conversion rate is definitely too high. Paul, what's the percentage of New Sessions or the number of Returning Visitors?

If you create an Advanced Segment using those values, is there anything else that catches your eye?

PS! Paul, you have a great blog. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You're right, I was a bit too early to ask this question actually. All transactions come from direct. Only transaction data is sent without any products at all. I just didn't see this one before and usually I catch this server traffic very quickly with hostname segments/filters etc.

Will set up appropriate filters and segments to deal with this one.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Taavi and I appreciate your comment. It's time to exclude this traffic!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Keep us updated paul about this topic