Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Question about Facebook referral.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I am looking to compare referrals from two different time periods, and by country. What I am a bit confused about is which Facebook account the referral is? E.g. in Brazil, is this huge spike in visits attributed to their own Facebook page? We have a main Fb page for our organisation, and then different countries have their own.

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 11.35.36.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can go to the particular facebook referral.Click on the facebook referral.Choose hostname from secondary dimension picker at the top.Check if the host name shows your domain name.Now it must be yours .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This isn't showing me whether it's the Brazilian Facebook account or the English one? It just shows me the name of our website. Thanks.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Now you can do one thing again go the the secondary dimension picker now choose country option now.See what is shows.Is it US or anything else?

Now if it is US then it is coming from your USA fb account most probably like this

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

That is why it is important to use UTM tags in these cases