Analytics
5.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Query regard google analytis report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Weekly i used to track my website traffic using google analytics, this time i have noticed there is a big difference between the report of landing pages data and all pages data under behavior menu.

I have enclosed the report images, can any experts help me to clarify why this difference is happening? 
GA1.jpgAll ChannelsGA2.jpgLanding Pages
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prakash R
February 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Which metrics are you comparing? For example, the first reported metric in the 'landing pages' report is sessions whereas in the 'all pages' report it is page views.

These two reports are telling you different things. The landing pages report is telling you, of all the sessions which came to your site, which pages they started on. The metrics included in this report, for example bounce rate and percentage new visitors, are specific to those pages listed in the report. 

The all pages report is telling you how many views each of the visited pages on your site received. For this report, it does not matter where - in their session - the visitor encountered the page; it simply reports the number of views. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prakash R
February 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Which metrics are you comparing? For example, the first reported metric in the 'landing pages' report is sessions whereas in the 'all pages' report it is page views.

These two reports are telling you different things. The landing pages report is telling you, of all the sessions which came to your site, which pages they started on. The metrics included in this report, for example bounce rate and percentage new visitors, are specific to those pages listed in the report. 

The all pages report is telling you how many views each of the visited pages on your site received. For this report, it does not matter where - in their session - the visitor encountered the page; it simply reports the number of views. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thaks John, Now understood the concept.