Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Problems with Event Tracking of Emails (stopped at 499 events)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have just a couple of short questions regarding tracking email openings with the help of events and hope someone can help me out:

The task was to send 2 newsletters with 2000 respectively 1000 recipients on friday. Therefore I created with the Hit Builder two Tracking Urls and integrated them. Both links worked but now I have a couple of problems and questions regarding the reports:

- event tracker stopped at 499 on friday and started only on saturday again to count the events. Why is this?

- Is there any method to track unique email openings, because right now I assume that every opening is tracked.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks in advance

Stefan

Re: Problems with Event Tracking of Emails (stopped at 499 events)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
If you are using measurement protocol for tracking you have to add unique client id (cid) to each link or add sc=start parameter to force new session.
Without that every hit in session window is treated as the same session and there is a limit of 500 hits per session.
Session reset at midnight that's why the next day counter started again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Tomasz.

Currently the url looks like this:

https://www.google-analytics.com/collect?v=1&t=event&tid=UA-xxxxxxx-x&cid=xxxxxxxx&e...

Where do I have to add sc=start exactly?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You can add this at the end of the URL: &sc=start