Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Problem with In-Page Analytics and commas in URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, when using in-page analytics on some pages we have filters when searching for products so when 2 filters are selected the id's of those filters are separated in the url with a comma, so it looks like this:

http://www.sussexbedcentre.co.uk/mattresses&filter=895,916

Of course in-page analytics doesn't like this and throws an invalid value error. So my question is, is there a way to make the API/In-Page Analytics automatically escape those commas. I'd really rather not change the delimeter on the site as that could mean a lot of work and I'm not sure what effect it would have on the indexing of the site, having to set up redirects etc.

Many thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem with In-Page Analytics and commas in URL

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
If you do not need to know the filters that were applied you can use the Exclude URL Query Parameters to remove the &filter portion of the URL then in theroy your IAP wont throw the invalid value error. That is about as much control you have over IAP, if IAP works for you count yourself blessed as it is a major topic of discussion on this thread with many unable to utilize or only able to utilize it some of the time.