Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Problem with Google experiments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having an issue with a google experiment that we are launching. We are testing 3 different homepages. The issue we are having is that some of the links on our pages are redirecting back to the homepage and not going to their main page. For example the link for /login is redirecting back to the homepage at /. We have the experiment code firing through DTM using the regex ^[/]?[?]?[^/?]*$ to identify the homepage path of / and also allow for url parameters. Any help stopping the other links from redirecting back would be great. When i stop the experiment the links all work as designed.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Problem with Google experiments

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not really sure what you are trying to match too.. however you may want to try the following
^/($|\?.*)

It matches to the homepage of just / 
and allows for matching to homepage with parameters eg /?someparameter=here&another=onetoo

but should not match to something like /login

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here