Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Problem with Custom Campaigns feature, not showing up in GA. URL builder filled out correctly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm looking for help with my GA account. The custom campaigns that I've created using the official GA URL builder don't show up in the campaigns page. There is nothing there, it's completely blank.

The sites that I'm trying to link are other webpages (different from my website) who's traffic I'm trying to track from a YouTube destination. My main GA account is linked. I've constantly made sure that all the campaign parameters are filled and accurate. 

Please let me know if any errors being made and of solutions. Help is appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Tanya. 

Problem with Custom Campaigns feature, not showing up in GA. URL builder filled out correctly.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tanya,

So the link is placed within your YT channel within a video description perhaps?

If a custom campaign is configured correctly, then you will be able to see traffic from that campaign by creating that link then adding it to your browser's search bar. Upon having the URL load, you can check to see if the URL has been configured correctly by referencing the "Real-Time" report within GA. Navigate to the "Traffic Sources" report under the "Real-Time" reporting interface to see if the medium and source you configured within the URL are actually populating correctly.

1. Create URL using campaign builder (fill out required fields)

2. Test URL within your browser search bar (if it loads then it should record within GA).

3. Reference the real-time / traffic sources report to see if it is recording or not.

Try that then circle back if you are still having issues.

-Tyler

Re: Problem with Custom Campaigns feature, not showing up in GA. URL builder filled out correctly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tyler, 

Thanks for your insight! I did place the URL in the search bar window and the intended page does open up. However nothing shows in the real-time traffic sources tabs.. 

Please see the attached images, which also contains screenshots from the URL builder in case something is going wrong there. 

Greatly appreciate your help. 

Best, 

Tanya

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 8.45.22 AM.pngThe real-time traffic tab, nothing shows hereScreen Shot 2017-08-01 at 8.57.08 AM.pngThe campaigns tab, nothing shows here either

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 8.46.22 AM.pngWhat the built URL looks likeScreen Shot 2017-08-01 at 8.49.39 AM.pngAll the fields filled out.. don't know if there's an issue here

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hmm.. I just tested the URL and it is working as well.

Can you check your filter settings and let me know if you have excluded your internal IP address? If you have then this would be the issue. Let me know if you need help locating these.

If you don't have the IP exclusion added to the account then we can look at a few different items.

Let me know.

-Tyler

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the exact same problem.  Any resolution to this?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Brandon, 

Can you check to see if your internal IP is being excluded?