Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Problem user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

today I wanted to check my google analytics. In the last one and a half month my userbase trippled after growing only a few dozen in the last year. I wanted to check which event is responsible for the increase.

I downloaded my user list and deducted the point, the user base started growing quickly.

On 31st of January I could see the first big increase so i checked this date on goolge analytics.

The Problem: Due to my userbase on this day I acquired more users than due to google analytics overall checked my site.

Where does this problem come from?

Does it mean that more than one user has been created from the same IP or device? Sounds like bot useres?

I hope you can help me guys,

thank your in advance

Matthias

1 Expert replyverified_user

Problem user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It is more likely that some of your users are using ad-blocking or anti-tracking add-ons in their browsers.  That would exclude them from being tracked in Google Analytics.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.