Analytics
3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Private URL showing in Landing Pages ( Dimension )

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys, 

I have couple of questions. 

No : 1 .  I have multiple pages in my website, Lets say, i come to a particular page www.abc.com from google organic search, and i move to www.abc.com/1 ( Which does not have analytics in it ) , Now after that , i move from www.abc.com/3,  So my question, when i moved from home page abc.com to abc.com/1 , Well the tracking wont happen in abc.com/1 page , So my question is when i move abc.com to abc.com/1 ( No Analytics )  page to abc.com/3 page,  So my session will not be destroyed right ? And i will have the source as google Organic Right ?  I think it wont be destroyed and my source will be organic ? Any thoughts guys. 

N0: 2 http://bit.ly/2eS9EQQ This is our website,  So we have a subdomain http://bit.ly/2f7P5AU, Here is my question, When go to my analytics to see the landing pages report, i see the private url listed in the landing pages dimension like lets say, the dashboard url is something nofx.com/dashboard, this particular url is being shown in the landing pages dimension and the source says organic,  The bounce rate are less, the avg time on site is less. . 

I dont know how this is happening, How could google should the private url int he landing page dimension tab, there is no way , a user can access the dashboard without signing in, and it is no where indexed in Google. so can you please help me with this solution ? 

Or else lets say if i have analytics in the private dahsboard page, will google anlaytics has the capbality to show that in the analytics platform ? 

I hope i have clearily mentioned my doubts, Thanks for the help guys. 

Shiva. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Shiva,
1 . My guess is that your session will be destroyed and you will end up having self referral, you can check this process in real time by coming from a test source and seeing if your user activity shows up or not.

2 . You should set your private urls to no index in your robot files and copy the landing page url and try searching it with a inurl: in the beginning.

Hope this helps,

kind regards

Noman Karim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for your reply Norman,  Correct me if am wrong, But the sessions stays for 30 minutes right ? so what if i  navigate within the pages within 30 minutes in my case ?  And yes what you said is a good idea , i can check in real time and i can find a solution,

i did searched inurl: in Google.com and that particular URL is not indexed in Google.com. 

But i did not block that particular private URL in robots. Anyhow i will try doing that. And thanks for your help,  Any other possible solutions please. ?