Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Possible to get an export on user level?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering whether there is a way that you can export data on a user-level, based on a specific customer ID (thus showing all the actions/sessions/... of a specific user)? (for a 360 account)

It seems that in GA you are only able to do an export of the User-Explorer report overview (returning a list of customer-IDs etc.). However, there seems to be no export button available on user-level. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Possible to get an export on user level?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Client ID is only exposed in the user explorer report, and does not exist as a dimension even in a premium account. The user explorer report also bundles together a lot of sessions, so I'm not sure how valuable it actually is. 

I've been researching this myself and the options I've seen are to either use Bigquery or send the client ID up to the datalayer (the ever awesome Simo Ahava blogs about this here: http://www.simoahava.com/analytics/improve-data-collection-with-four-custom-dimensions/#2). My thinking has been that you really want to be able to query this data e.g. show me all the client IDs that have x behaviour, and then create a segment or filter defined by those same client IDs.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.