Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Pageviews of visitors by campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm trying to pull a report of the pageviews for a specified set of pages (about 25). These are the thank you pages from a form on our site, so that I know people filled out the form. I'm trying to find out, for each of those pages, how many pageviews there are for people who came in on a specific AdWords campaign. I can't seem to mix pageviews, page, and campaign ID into the same report. When I try in Data Studio, it lets me do it but the numbers look funky.

Are these metrics/dimensions not mixable? Or is there another way to go about it? I have a conversion goal set up, but it only is effective as of February forward and I need data from last year. In fact, I'm not entirely sure I can mix conversions and campaign ID either. 

Any input would be most appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pageviews of visitors by campaign

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Litmon have you tried creating a custom report using Campaign, Adwords Campaign ID, and Campaign Code as dimensions and then using Pageviews, Sessions, and Users as metrics. Then add an include filter for each of your 25 pages. I do not have any campaign data to test but it seems that if you can do it in Data Studio you would be able to do it in a custom report.

Pageviews of visitors by campaign

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I can build that custom report, but I can't then either use page as a dimension in the report, and page doesn't show up in the list when I try to filter by it. Same way the other way around, if I have page in the report, I can't use campaign or campaign ID as a dimension in the report or filter.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

campaign_drill_down.jpg

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Here is an example of one way to do it, let me know if you are not able to see the same thing in your custom report. This report while I have not tested should display all your pages and then allow you to drill down into them. If you preffer a different view try "Flat Table" instead of "Explorer" as the type.