Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Pageviews and Unique Pageviews different between 'All Pages' and 'Content Drilldown'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have noticed that I am getting completely different stats for pageviews and unique pageviews on the same page when I view them in the All pages tab v's when I use the content drill down to see the same page.

Why would this be happening? Is this normal? Which one is accurate?

Regards

Sophie

Pageviews and Unique Pageviews different between 'All Pages' and 'Content Drilldown'

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Sophie W

That is normal. Pageviews indicate the total number of pageviews on a specific page. Unique Pageviews indicate the number of session that viewed that page. So if a user within one session views the same page twice, this will correspond to two pageviews, but only one unique pageview.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Phillip

Yes, I've narrowed down the difference for pageview and unique pageviews. My issue is actually with the stats provided in view 'Behaviour/Site Content/All Pages' and the view when I look at the same page statistics, but in the view 'Behaviour/Site Content/Content Drilldown (then finding the page)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Sophie W

Sorry for the long wait (Easter holidays).

If you're able to find the exact same page in both reports, the stats should be the same.

Can you post a screenshot with an example?