Analytics
6.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Pages Report not capturing URL containing &ad=xyz

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in the Behavior > Site Content > All Pages Report and for some reason I cannot find any sessions containing &ad=xyz in the URL even though our internal tracking system is recording conversions from pages with this extension. I understand that this is not a source, medium or campaign tag, but shouldn't it still be reflected in the Landing Pages of the report since it displays the exact URL that a user visits? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Does anybody have a clue what the problem could be? Is it an issue with the implementation? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pages Report not capturing URL containing &ad=xyz

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Veronica,

Please check if you have "ad" added to Exclude URL Query Parameters in Admin - View Settings.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Arnold! Thanks for responding. There's currently nothing in the Exclude URL Query Parameters.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Veronica,

Do you have any filters set up for your view that might be responsible for removing the query parameters?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No filters that would rule anything out. I went straight to the All Pages report and searched by ad=xyz. Some of the URLs are tracking, but there's not nearly as many sessions being reported as conversions in our internal report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does it make a difference if the link clicked on is different from the final landing page link. For example a bitly, vanity URL, or link in a tracked Email that redirects to the final link?