Analytics
6.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Page value is calculated to payment return

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys,

I seem to have a problem with the calculation of our page values. When I go to the all pages report and look for "payment return" I get to see not one payment return url but thousands of url's with /payment-return. For example 

/payment-return/?authResult=AUTHORISED&merchantReference=295841&merchantSig=W5ZE4o1T3CZuq4F2HhpspAbaAHprfp4ShTUZNPZXLcQ=&paymentMethod=ideal&pspReference=4414918138964313&shopperLocale=nl&skinCode=erSAmPce  and 
/payment-return/?order_id=1447093319 

I cannot determine whether it is a problem with our implementation or a setting / filter in Google Analytics that must be adjusted. In can never be a good thing that page value is calculated to the payment return url's I think...

Really hope someone can help me with this. Many thanks in advance!

Tim 
1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tim,

You may want to adjust your view settings to exclude these URL params, like merchantReference.

Just go to Admin>>View>>View Settings and add them here:  Exclude URL Query Parameters

comma separated.

You should only see value if a goal or transaction happens in the same session.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo,

Thanks for your response and input. I am going to exclude the parameters and can only hope that it will help. 

All the best,

Tim