Analytics
6.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Page Title Behavior Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm getting  a website called AliBestSale.com in my Page Title Behavior Report. We don't have any links to the site and it doesn't look like a secure site to go to anyway. Do you know why I may be getting this website?

Thank you for your time.

Tom

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Page Title Behavior Report

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tom,

It is most defently spam, not sure why it is targeting you but I would exclude the the domain in reports at a view level.

To do this:
1) Admin and Navigate to view
2) Go to filters, add filter
3) Exclude - custom
4) Host name - enter URL
5) Save

Give me a shout if you need more assistance on this?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tom F
December 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Tom,

As @Olufunmi states, this fake page title comes from spam

If you want to exclude by page title you should use page title as filter field or alternatively use campaign source to exclude the referral. Most of the spam has (not set) as hostname, a tag that is set after the visit hits, therefore it can't be excluded using the hostname.

What you can do, and in fact, is a much efficient approach is to create an INCLUDE filter based on your hostnames, this way you stop all ghost spam and you don't need to create/update filters for each spammer.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've applied the filter.
Thank you very much Carlos!

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭