Analytics
6.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Page Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have a beta site and a 'live site' - I am directing a small amount of traffic from the live site to the beta site where developed. I am able to see the number of page views that the site is churning in a pg report filtering by beta as all URL's begin with beta. However, when using a segment where page starts with beta a number of pages are visible where the page actually doesn't contain beta, roughly 10-15%. Does anyone know why this might be?

Cheers, Ross

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ross C
April 2016

Re: Page Reporting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
When looking at segments you are usually looking at the entire session traffic so if they started on your live site and then went to your beta site the pages from your live site will show as they are part of the session. You can filter out those pages with in your segment or you can use the advanced filtering located next to the search bar (provided it shows up in the report you want to view) the bad thing about the advance filtering though is it does not remain persistent as you navigate around while a segment will.

Re: Page Reporting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,

I wondered if that might have been that case as the vast majority are single page views. Thanks for your reply - much appreciated

Ross