Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Page, Previous Page Path and Time dimensions together - return wrong data - what is the reason?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

I want to combine these dimensions: Page, Previous Page Path and Time and a metric Pageviews. But I keep getting wrong data. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

I read that in the past, it wasn´t right to combine Page and Previous Page Path, as PPP was supposed to be used with Next Page Path. However, Next Page Path is deprecated and Page should be used instead, so I guess this shouldn´t be a problem.

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Page, Previous Page Path and Time dimensions together - return wrong data - what is the reason?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
What makes you think the data is wrong? Which Time dimension did you pick? If you use Hour or Minute, make sure you only report for one day or you will get the same time from multiple days in the report. You can use the Hour of Day, Hour index or Minute index to avoid this.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.