Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Page Analytics Extension Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

With the Page Analytics Extension activated I get the general metrics in the header bar shown correctly (pageviews etc.). But the click-rates that should be shown withing the page - and are the REALLY interesting thing - are either not showing up at all or they are obviously incorrect (f.e. 50% rate on 6 random page elements). Any ideas? Anybody had similar issues?

Regards

Harry

Re: Page Analytics Extension Issues

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Where it displays a percentage to represent the proportion of visitors to a page who clicked a certain link, it does so by the target url, rather than the actual link. So for example, if your logo links to your homepage and you also have a home button, it will show the same percentage across both of them rather than telling you whether people clicked the logo or the home button most.

source: https://moz.com/ugc/the-pros-and-cons-of-inpage-analytics

Best Regards,
GA Guru.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey guru. thank you! helps a lot

the problem remains that -

it's seems like quite some areas/links that actually do get clicks aren't considered. some of the bubbles are actually showing up sometimes. sometimes not. sometimes showing up and disappearing again.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Harry V
January 2016

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
if the links have javascript function / # redirects it might not be considered.

valid href values get considered.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
this explains another 1/3 of the strange results I get. the last third can be left open since I will have to find another "heatmap" solution anyway. thanks for the answers!