Analytics
3.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

PPC Appears To Make Organic Traffic Tank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all, 

I'd really love your help with this conundrum. My client has had a PPC campaign on and off over the last year. When his PPC campaign isn't running, his organic traffic does really well. When the PPC campaign is running, then his organic traffic ceases to exist. I've included an example of one of our main 'topics' on the site, where we've created separate landing pages for PPC and SEO.

Here's a snapshot of the organic traffic on the optimized landing page. 

And here's a snapshot of the paid traffic on the respective PPC landing page. When the paid campaign ended, we started getting traffic to the optimized landing page. When the ppc campaign started again, organic traffic to the main landing page ceases to exist. I can't find it anywhere in the SERPS when I Google it in an incognito window, although it was performing well once before and is Google shows it as being indexed. 

My concern is that his PPC campaign is preventing him from improving his domain authority for the optimized landing page. That, and it's also concerning that traffic just ceased to exist entirely from the SERPS to this page. Is it possible that this is actually just a tracking error? 

Additional information: The PPC landing page is indexable, but hidden from the sitemap and navigation. I've posted this to the Webmasters Central Help Forum as well and someone suggested I try here again.