Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information
 
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

PDF export incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am looking at analytics of particular pages within my site. When I export as csv or xls the data is as per what's on my screen (i.e. the data for that specific page). When I export as PDF though it exports the data for all pages on the site! This used to work, the only difference is the export type and yet I'm getting different reports. Love some help on this. Cheers

PDF export incorrect

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, this is the way xls/csv exports work unfortunately. 

If you need all the data exported in an excel I suggest you extract it in google spreadsheets, if you install this add-on https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics/fefimfimnhjjkomigakinmjileehfopp?utm_sour...

 

 

 

PDF export incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anca. Thanks for your reply. Although I'm after the opposite. I only want the filtered data exported to PDF. But for PDF it exports everything. XLS/CSV is the only export that will show just the filtered data. But this is not user friendly for the people I'm sending it to - they're after PDF. So you can't export filtered data to PDF?

PDF export incorrect

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I tried it on my account, and it looks like it works fine, it exports only the filtered data in my pdf. However, if it's not working for you, you can choose "Export to Google Sheets", and then "save as PDF".  You can even add a print screen with the graph directly from the GA report or make your own using google spreadsheet "insert graph" function

PDF export incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your suggestions Anca. Exporting and converting wasn't going to work for me because I have over 100 scheduled emails that are filtered for individuals' pages. But there's a happy ending. It seems to be a technical glitch relating to the use of "/" in the filtering and Google's system that generates the PDFs. When I removed the "/" from the filters, it exported to PDF just fine. I will rest easy tonight haha. 

PDF export incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good to know! I have also been having this problem. With PDFs not exporting the right data. I will try this. Thanks!

PDF export incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

THANK YOU! I was having the same issue and also have over a hundred automated reports. I have to fix them all now, but at least I know what to do.

PDF export incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Michelle, I just finished redoing all of my 100+ automated reports, one day before people are expecting them! Phew. It's hard not being able to a. check the existing reports, because I'm sure many of them were fine; and b. edit existing automated reports. 

PDF export incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed, but glad you got it done. I did too. FYI, I used Selenium IDE in Firefox to automate the process. It's a big helper. :-)

PDF export incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had this exact problem and upon removing '/' from the filter the PDF export works correctly now. The weird thing is the PDF export used to work in this GA view and it works with other properties with the '/' in the filter. I wish it was consistent.