2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information
Guide Me

PDF Reporting (suddenly) fails to filter content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 4.20.53 PM.pnganalytics search

We use filtered search to generate reports for departments. Until last Thursday, we were able to filter page reports and export them as PDF. 

But suddenly, PDF Export no longer filters the data. All 5 of the other export types (CSV, TSV, TSV for Excel, Excel, and Google Sheets) still correctly filter the data. We have dozens of reports scheduled to go out Feb 1, all of which will be incorrect. 

I haven't been able to find any other mentions of this issue, but I did find this tangentially-related issue from last week.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: PDF Reporting (suddenly) fails to filter content

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jonathan,


It's weird that it works in my accounts.


Nevertheless, there's another solution as well. You can create a specific custom report for every department if you want and schedule all of them as well.


I created an example for you:


You can modify this report:



And you can add specific filters if you want:



Here you can read more about custom reports:


Test it out and let us know how it works. Hope this helps.




PDF Reporting (suddenly) fails to filter content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭


We have received responses to other posts that they are experiencing the same thing. Fortunately, since I posted this, I did some testing and sending the report by email still works, when either sending it once or on schedule. The issue is less critical, but still annoying; I shouldn't have to send the PDF to an email address to export it when the other exports work fine. Thanks for your help, nonetheless, and I hope you have a great week.