Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

PDF Export Tool Broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since last week, when I try to export a Site Content report, I am given a PDF showing my entire site's traffic instead of the specific URL I drilled down into. No matter what URL I enter or what is displayed on my screen, the PDF will show the full site report. No amount of secondary dimensions or date changes make a difference. Is anyone experiencing anything like this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: PDF Export Tool Broken

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Pa W, 

It looks like I'm experiencing a similar issue.

An_Error_Has_Occurred.png

Although looking at similar questions can you try the following: 

#1 Try pulling the report as a PDF using a different browser? 

#2 Are you using any RegEx as filters in the view you're trying to pull - someone has mentioned this may affect the situation ... 

@Rick E @Nick M 

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

PDF Export Tool Broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's not my issue. I receive the PDF, but the information contained in the PDF is different from that shown on the screen.

PDF Export Tool Broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a problem that I also am having, for the same exact reason. I also try to export a Site Content report just showing certain URL's. I will see the correct data, but the PDF report shows the entire site. Exporting in other formats gives the correct content though.

Hopefully this is fixed soon.

PDF Export Tool Broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem, getting the error message - tried different browsers and all. I've contacted Google support - hopefully, they can resolve it.

PDF Export Tool Broken

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Let us know how it goes!

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: PDF Export Tool Broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also having this problem. Started last week.

PDF Export Tool Broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having this problem, too. I first noticed it today, along with a new UI. 

PDF Export Tool Broken

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since it seems like this has not been fixed yet, I've found a slight workaround for this that has been meeting my needs:

1. Go to Customization->Custom Reports
  2. Click New Custom Report
  3. Set the Metric Group to whatever you need. I have Pageviews, Avg. Time on Page, and Bounce Rate. 
  4. Set Dimensions Drilldowns to Page
  5. Include Page, with Regex. (So, if you have a page: google.com/pagename, the regex will be google\.com\/pagename) 
    • If you need to check multiple sections of a site, just edit the custom report to suit your needs, or the just copy the custom report once created to suite multiple sites.
  6. Set the view to whichever view you need to draw data from.

Using this, I've been able to narrow down to sites that do not have a view exclusively to themselves. It's actually been nice to get rid of the Page Value and other things that aren't really a necessary thing to know for whatever I'm doing, which makes the PDF reports much cleaner.

Hopefully this helps some of you. If something needs to be explained better, let me know!

PDF Export Tool Broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue, I can successfully export multiple PDF reports from different areas in GA but when I open the PDFs, they're all showing data from Page path level 1 and no values on anything. http://i.imgur.com/c9ze5GT.jpg