Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Orgnic Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

How can see from what keyword my organic traffic is reaching my site?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Orgnic Traffic

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
There is a companion application from Google Analytics called Web Master Tools if you are using that then you can incorporate the Search console in to your analytics and one of the reports is Queries which would give you the requested information.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Great advice @Brian B

One more thing worth mentioning: If you integrate these two applications (Google Analytics and Search Console), you will probably still see (not provided) queries in your Acquisition -> Search console -> Queries report. This is something that you have no control over.

Google has been hiding the organic keyword referral data since October 2011 by encrypting its organic search data. This has been done in the name of protecting user privacy.

Hope this helps.

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Brian B, how can add this option into my reports on analytics ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Taavi Kalvi this is so weird google is encrypting this info while on analytics you can clearly see the keywords when they are related to the adwords campaign so where is the "...the name of protecting user privacy."

Thanks

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
In Google Analytics you can enable the search console in the Property Admin section under Property Settings the last option says Search Console, in this area you would add your webmaster information. But you need to get your free web master account and have it operational before you can enable this option.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
My personal opion is that if you pay for the service then the privacy issue becomes less of an issue, Google needs to make money in order to continue offering the free services and this is valuable information.