Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Organic Sessions To-Date vs Month to Month

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am comparing organic sessions by country for the current year (2016) and when the entire date range is selected from Jan 2016-Oct 2016 it gives me a completely different total than the month-to-month totals tallied up. There's actually a 3,420 session discrepancy that I'm totally lost on. 

Why is there such a difference in these reports? Which one is the more accurate depiction  of organic sessions by country? 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Julianne,

How many sessions are we talking about here? If you're using the free version of GA, looking at 2 dimensions together such as Medium and Country will cause Google to sample your data if sessions are above 500K. I believe the default sampling is set to around 250K sessions but you can use to slider to increase to about 500K. 

Best,

Mike 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

Thank you! Yes, for YTD it's showing over 600K sessions. I was only able to move the slider to show 50.68% of the sessions which helped in closing the gap on my figures. Thanks again!