Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Order of data source change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am using Google Analytics (GA) to track my website. I am also using a dashboard service, Klipfolio, the data source that i put from GA something change their order. For ex: The order of Homepage and prizing page access switch to each other (Please see the screenshot)

Is there anyway to avoid this issue? Can i lock the data source? 

Best Regards.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Order of data source change

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
[sorry couldn't see the image] Make sure you specify the sort order for your query. It sounds like you want it sorted by Page (gaSmiley TongueagePath) instead of by sessions. That may not give you what you want.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike,

This is the query that i use to put the data.

1-26-2016 4-31-05 PM.png

Do you know how to sort the order for this query? I do not know how to use group or group by on this kind of query. 

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
The Google documentation si actually really good on this:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v3/reference#sort

You add &sort= plus the fields you want to sort by. By default, it will sort in the order that the dimensions appear in the query, so your sample query would sort ascending on eventCategory, then eventAction, then eventLabel.

Your original question was about home page and pricing page, but the query you posted shows you are looking at Events, not Pages, so I am not sure this really helps you much.
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.